The motel was built in 1935. Originally there was a building that housed a café (which now has Connie’s Shoppe), one that had a gas station and then the motel.
Connie Echols bought the motel in 2009 and totally renovated the entire property. She kept the motel open as she renovated because the motel has the honor of being the oldest, continuously operating motel on Route 66 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. While there is no smoking in the rooms, smoking is allowed in an area outside.
Visited 456 times, 1 Visits today